Father. Entrepreneur. Meet Mr. Gee.
Marketer, entrepreneur and creative-type - find out what Alan Gee is inspired by, reading and cooking up in the kitchen.
What I'm Using On My Skin
- Dr. Sebagh Supreme Day Cream mixed with the Dr. Sebagh Vitamin C Powder Cream
- Le Labo Shave Cream
- Le Labo Bergamote 22 fragrance
- Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil after a shower or bath
- Dr. Sebagh High Maintenance Hand Cream
“I think of skincare as self-care, just as brushing your teeth is a constant, it’s the same with the other products I use.” - Alan Gee
Shop our collection of men's skincare + grooming best-sellers here.
What I'm Making In The Kitchen
My favorite dish right now is chicken mushroom scallopini. Find the recipe below!
What You'll Need:
- 1 Shallot
- Medium Leek (both a great change from onions)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- All chopped medium/fine
- Sliced brown mushrooms (4-5 cups)
- Seasoned flour (I season with Italian mixed herbs, salt, pepper)
- 4 chicken breasts sliced thinly (Or buy already a la scallopini)
- Cup (or two) white wine
- Vegetable stock
Step One: Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour and sauté them a deep pan in olive oil. Brown only to a nice coating (don’t fully cook) then set aside.
Step Two: In the same pan, sauté the shallots, leeks and garlic until soft and tender, then set aside. Add mushrooms and sauté until the water has rendered out of them.
Step Three: Combine the mushrooms, and mixed vegetables, add the wine and cook (this combines all the flavors).
Step Four: Add the chicken and then add the vegetable stock (don’t fully cover all the chicken, halfway is good). Bring to the boil and then simmer with a lid on for 20/30 minutes. The sauce should thicken, but if not, blend in some of the seasoned flour until sufficiently thickened.
Serve and enjoy!
What I'm Reading
Agatha Christie murder mysteries for fun and a bit of a diversion during these unprecedented times.
What I'm Listening To
Listen to my Essentials Jazz mix here. It's a selection of classic jazz tracks with some of my personal favourites that allow the imagination to be inspired.