RECENTLY I'VE BEEN REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO TIME IN THE KITCHEN EVERY SUNDAY.
I find it both calming and productive - which I see as a win win.
When I'm cooking I can really disconnect and focus on what's in front of me, plus I meal prep for at least 3 days so it makes my weekdays smoother. I put on a great playlist, I light my Flamingo Estate Roma Heirloom Tomato Candle from 6 by Gee Beauty and create.
This roasted butternut squash and carrot soup is the simplest soup I've ever made, it's so filling and delicious. Here's how! xx
What We're Listening To
What You'll Need:
- 1 whole cut-up / cubed butternut squash
- 5-6 large carrots, sliced down the center for faster roasting
- 2 sliced shallots
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- vegetable or chicken stock
The best way for me to stay present, whether its on the weekends, in the evenings or anytime I’m hungry really (lol!) is to be in the kitchen cooking.” - Celene Gee
- lay parchment paper on a baking sheet
- mix veggies (including onion) with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and spread out to roast
- cook until soft (425 degrees for 25-30 minutes depending on oven)
- let cool then add veggies into blender (or use hand-held blender)
- add 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- pulse and blend
- continue to add stock as needed, until blended thoroughly (but not too fine like a puree)
- pour into pot and simmer, adding more pepper or salt if needed
- finish with some chopped basil or some chili flakes or spicy oil to taste and enjoy!
Happy soup season!
SIGN UP FOR FREE TO CONTINUE READING
Get free access to our Beauty Edit and emails with exclusive content