We're sharing some of our favorite self-care rituals and at-home beauty routines that have become like little special moments in our days of WFH (working from home).
Now can be a time to create new wellness habits - focusing on what to introduce into your routine, instead of the old beauty idea of 'what not to do.'
- Give yourself a gentle facial massage when applying your skincare. Physical massage helps to relax the muscles under the skin, and further activate the ingredients and their effects.
- Keep your Jade Roller or Gua Sha in the fridge for added cooling, de-puffing and stimulating effect.
- Do a weekly facial! Commit one night a week to taking extra care of your skin. Make it fun by playing some music. Layer masks or use a physical exfoliation (scrub). Use your beauty tools, try some under-eye patches, and finish with a hydrating serum, cream and eye cream.
- Apply your skincare thinnest to thickest: serums first, then oils, then creams. Apply your eye cream and neck cream afterwards. SPF next, then makeup.
- Try a clay mask in the shower. Apply before you go in, and let the steam from the shower help open your pores and decongest. Multi-task when its on, and do a full body exfoliation with a scrub.
HAIR + BODY
- Apply a thicker layer of hand cream at night so it can really repair and soothe dry skin.
- Take a break from heat styling tools and apply a hair mask while you’re working from home. Leave it on for up to 30 minutes (depending on your hair type and the mask).
- Take a few breaks throughout the day, whether it's from your screens or from calls. Make a snack, walk around, do some stretches to release tension in the body.
- Play music. It can help shift a mood, inspire, relax or energize. Try our playlists.
- Fill up a glass water jug with sliced lemon or mint or any of your favorite fruit or herbs (making your water look visually appealing can entice you to stay hydrated and re-fill).
- Take 5 minutes each day to stand outside, look up to the skin and take big belly breaths. Fresh air is so important for a healthy body and glowing skin.
- Create a bedtime routine to help signal your body its time to unwind: take a bath or shower, stretch your body, drink a calming or herbal tea, read, or try some deep breathing with an essential oil on your wrists.